Kick off your Diploma in Social Innovation with an intensive, face-to-face workshop at the beautiful University for Peace. Join colleagues and like-minded changemakers from around the world to gather momentum for your Diploma at one of our short-term, onsite seminars. Your visit will also allow you to get to know us at the Centre so that we’ll have the basis for a relationship throughout the rest of the program.
Choose an upcoming workshop at the University for Peace to kick off your experience in the Diploma program. The next opportunities to begin your Hybrid Diploma are:
- Positive Leadership – November 1st-3rd, 2017 OR February 22nd-24th, 2018
- Global Education: Cultivating innovation in the classroom – July, 2018
After the onsite workshop in Costa Rica, return home and choose 4 additional online courses to complete within an 18-month period of time to earn your Diploma in Social Innovation.
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Social Change – Required course
- Skills for Effective Negotiations
- Designing Your Life: Innovating From the Inside Out
- Educating in Changing Times: Reflect, Rethink, Rebuild
- Mission Impossible: Measuring Outcomes & Impact
- Social Media for Social Innovation
- Regenerative Leadership
Courses are flexible and are designed for working professionals. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
What will you gain from the Diploma in Social Innovation?
- The skills and tools necessary to become a changemaker
- A business plan on which you have received personalized feedback from a professional in the field
- Specific strategies to shape and grow your organization as a social entrepreneur
- Different financial models for a building a sustainable organization
- Tools to create a high-performance work environment
- A diploma from the UN mandated University for Peace’s Centre for Executive Education
- A network of global leaders around the world
- The opportunity to visit the University for Peace in Costa Rica
- Cutting-edge courses structured by a Harvard Graduate School of Education alumnus
Who should do the Diploma?
Anyone looking to create positive change in the world is a good candidate for this program. Participants hail from all sectors, and interests range from poverty alleviation and climate change to international development and education. If you need inspiration and a stimulating learning environment to take your plans to the next level, this program is for you.
The Hybrid Diploma in Social Innovation costs $2,395. Please note that this cost does not include transportation to/from Costa Rica and housing and meal costs while in-country for the Positive Leadership course.
Mohit Mukherjee, M. Ed. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Director of the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education.
Alexandru Balas, PhD in Political Science from the University of Illinois.
Miguel Tello, MPA, MA International Studies, Director of The Strachan Foundation.
Heather McCuen, MA in in Media, Peace and Conflict Studies from the University for Peace.