Kick off your Diploma in Social Innovation with an intensive, face-to-face workshop at the beautiful University for Peace. Join colleagues and like-minded changemakers from around the world to gather momentum for your Diploma at one of our short-term, onsite seminars. Your visit will also allow you to get to know us at the Centre so that we’ll have the basis for a relationship throughout the rest of the program.
Choose an upcoming workshop at the University for Peace to kick off your experience in the Diploma program. The next opportunities to begin your Hybrid Diploma are:
- Positive Leadership – August 16th-18th, 2018
- Global Education: Cultivating innovation in the classroom – July 1st-5th, 2019
After the onsite workshop in Costa Rica, return home and choose 4 additional online courses to complete within an 18-month period of time and earn your Diploma in Social Innovation.
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Social Change – Required course
- Skills for Effective Negotiations
- Designing Your Life: Innovating From the Inside Out
- Educating in Changing Times: Reflect, Rethink, Rebuild
- Mission Impossible: Measuring Outcomes & Impact
- Social Media for Social Innovation
- Regenerative Leadership
- Show me the Money! Tackling Finance in the Social Impact Sector
Courses are flexible and are designed for working professionals. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
What will you gain from the Diploma in Social Innovation?
- The skills and tools necessary to become a changemaker;
- A business plan on which you have received personalized feedback from a professional in the field;
- Specific strategies to shape and grow your organization as a social entrepreneur;
- Different financial models for building a sustainable organization;
- Tools to create a high-performance work environment.
- A UN-established University for Peace Diploma from the Centre for Executive Education
- A network of global leaders around the world
- The opportunity to visit the University for Peace in Costa Rica
- Cutting-edge courses structured by a Harvard Graduate School of Education alumnus
Who should do the Diploma?
Anyone looking to create positive change in the world is a good candidate for this program. Participants hail from all sectors, and interests range from poverty alleviation and climate change to international development and education. If you need inspiration and a stimulating learning environment to take your plans to the next level, this program is for you.
The Hybrid Diploma in Social Innovation costs $2,875. Please note that this cost does not include transportation to/from Costa Rica and housing and meal costs while in-country for the Positive Leadership course.
Mohit Mukherjee, M. Ed. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Director of the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education.
Miguel Tello, MPA, MA International Studies, Director of The Strachan Foundation.
Heather McCuen, MA in in Media, Peace and Conflict Studies from the University for Peace.
Kristen Palana, MFA from Pratt Institute in Computer Graphics and Interactive Media.
Stephanie Knox Steiner, MA in Peace Education from the University for Peace.
John Hardman, PhD in Educational Leadership from Florida Atlantic University.
Caitie Goddard, MA in Public Policy from the University of Michigan.
Alonso Muñoz, B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Costa Rica and a M.Sc. in Business Administration.
Meltem Ersoy, PhD in Political Science from George Mason University.
Shelly Galvin, B.S in Political Science and Government from Oregon University.