4-week online courses
Start dates: May 28, 2018
Do you sense that the world is changing at an increasingly quickening pace? Are you noticing that the way you communicate, find information, shop, learn, and work have changed in the last few years? How have you reshaped your practices as an educator in response to these changes? And what does this mean for how the school or education system itself may need to be reshaped?
Educating in such a world can be quite overwhelming. “What will be important for your students to know, value and be able to do in a future that’s hard to visualize?” This question underpins our 4-week journey through this online course, which will bring together educational leaders, pioneers, and practitioners from around the world.
The course is an online course, including: videos, lectures, articles and forums for discussions. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
Each week of the online course will focus on one of the questions below:
- In our fast-changing world, what new challenges are learners and teachers facing?
- What knowledge, values and skills will be critical for the success of our learners? How can we increase the well-being of our learners in a culture of over-achievement?
- Given our globalizing world, what does it mean to be a ‘global citizen’ and contribute to building a more sustainable, just and equitable world?
- In response to these new challenges, how can we help develop innovate mindsets, both for ourselves and our learners, using the breakthrough approaches of design thinking?
In this course, you will:
- Examine the challenges facing educators in light of changes in society, information flows, advancing technologies, and more
- Be ready to respond creatively and proactively to the challenges and opportunities of today’s world.
- Understand design thinking as a methodology, and have garnered experience applying it in the field of education
- Cultivate a global network of changemakers to refer to during the course and into the future
Educators at all levels – teachers, university professors, administrators and nonformal educators – as well as anyone who considers themselves to be an ‘innovator’ in the field of education, or wishes to become one – including researchers, policy-makers, administrators and educational project coordinators. All will be encouraged to define their education challenge from their own perspective so as to best benefit from this course.
Stephanie Knox Cubbon, is a peace education professional based in San Diego, California, where she teaches courses on peace, nonviolence, justice, sustainability, human rights, and service learning at San Diego City College and Chapman University. In addition to her classroom teaching, she serves as the Director of Education for the Metta Center for Nonviolence and as the Peace Education Program Coordinator at Teachers Without Borders(TWB). She earned her Master of Arts in Peace Education from the United Nations-mandated University for Peace in Costa Rica, and her Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Development from McGill University in Montreal.
Course created by: Mohit Mukherjee, Founder and Director of the Centre for Executive Education, anchors the course. In his previous position, he served as Education Program Manager of the Earth Charter Initiative, a movement advancing an internationally agreed-upon framework for a more just, sustainable, and equitable world. Since then he has led over 40 seminars in seven countries on themes ranging from ‘Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Social Change’ to ‘Beyond Traditional Leadership’, and inspired the development of innovative education projects by his course participants.
$495 tuition rate. United Nations mandated University for Peace’s Centre for Executive Education certificate awarded upon completion of the course.
Enroll with someone else and each will receive a 20% discount.
The return on investment is hard to calculate – but after this course, you’ll have the tools to lead an even more fulfilling life. Take this online course and connect with people all around the world who have also make a decision to invest in their own wellbeing!
Not sure you’re ready to apply? Interested in staying connected with the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education? Receive free e-newsletters, updates, videos, sample readings and materials by joining the Centre’s email list (click here) or liking our Facebook page at UPEACECentre. You may also contact us at email@example.com.