Field Courses, Workshops and Seminars
The Centre offers a variety of field courses, workshops and seminars to foster professional development in the areas of leadership, education and social enterprise.
Most seminars are held on the beautiful campus of the University for Peace, situated on 300 hectares of protected land surrounded by nature, though our customized workshops can also be presented at your institutional headquarters or at any other predetermined site. Select workshops are hosted by top notch facilitators and are available in Spanish as well as English.
The following seminars are offered as open-enrollment courses at UPEACE.
- Human-Centered Design – September 30, 2017
- Positive Leadership – November 1-3rd, 2017 & February 22-24th, 2018
- Global Education: Cultivating innovation in the classroom – July, 2018
We currently offer one field course, with field work in Southeast Asia, complemented by online coursework. Read more about Designing for Social Innovation and Leadership.
We also have a wide variety of workshop offerings that can be organized on demand. They can be presented at your home institution, or if you can provide six participants or more, we’ll gladly organize a special workshop at the University for Peace campus on dates that are convenient for you and your team.
The following seminars are available ‘on demand.’ Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information:
- Non-profit Leadership
- Social Entrepreneurship: Everyone is a Changemaker!
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- ‘Circles’ and Restorative Justice
- Cross-cultural Leadership
We also offer numerous short workshops (2-8 hours) that can be presented as free-standing modules or combined to create a longer itinerary. These include:
- Unpacking ‘Happiness’
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Your Best Failure
- Applying Design Thinking
- Effectively Managing Interpersonal Conflict
- Education for the 21st Century: Global Citizenship
- Leadership Styles and Emotional Intelligence
Not sure you’re ready to apply? Interested in staying connected with the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education? Receive free e-newsletters, updates, videos, sample readings and materials by joining the Centre’s email list (click here) or liking our Facebook page at UPEACECentre.