Online Event - February 10-11 2023
Cameras on, headphones in, and expect a powerful, high impact experience!
Globally, happiness is one of our most important goals. Studies show that we value it more than success, knowledge, or material items. And yet, in a world that has continued to progress and become objectively better by most conceivable standards, why do many find this such a difficult goal to reach? As important as happiness is, how much do we know about it and the impacts it has on individual and global progress?
Learn About The Event
The Gross Global Happiness summit is an innovative executive education event in which people from all over the globe come to tackle these very questions. We welcomed happiness gurus Tal Ben-Shahar, Nic Marks, Jamie Cabrera Ferrer and Raj Raghunathan during the March 2022 event, where we learned, unlearned, and shared experiences on the topic of happiness, bringing together a multitude of perspectives and expertise.
This experience will combine theory and practice, touching on the latest research from positive psychologists, but also delving into the practical applications of what we’ve learned and are still discovering in the field. Happiness will be brought front and center, as we explore and understand how people can lead happier, more meaningful lives.
There are 2 ways to partake in this one-of-a-kind summit. You can join us in Costa Rica on the beautiful UPEACE campus. you can partake online OR there’s of course the option to do both!
No matter how you decide to partake, the event is designed to be a practical and hands-on, allowing space for sharing and peer-to-peer learning. Participants will take part in interactive workshops, small group reflections and introspective activities. There will also be plenty of spaces to encourage networking and relationship-building between participants as well!
Online format, 2 days, February 10-11, 2023
If you can’t make it to Costa Rica, there’s an online option for you! You’ll experience interactive online sessions alongside peers who are equally as passionate about the topic, and you’ll do it all from the comfort of your home.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Gained a practical understanding of cutting-edge frameworks that you can readily implement to lead compassionately and mindfully;
- Acquired strategies to unlock your full potential and that of those around you for lasting impact;
- Practiced valuable techniques to bring more happiness and well-being to your work and personal life;
- Developed deep relationships with a network of an amazing, global array of peers from the course.
Gross Global Happiness is purposefully designed to be applicable to those over a wide range of ages and career levels, and across a variety of fields. Participants often share some of the following characteristics:
- A desire to change, grow, or re-establish passion for their career
- A deep drive to push personal boundaries and give back to the community/world
- A personal fascination with understanding what makes people thrive and flourish, professionally and personally.
- The need to connect with like-minded individuals and broaden their already global mindset
- Professionals in fast-growing career fields who want to stay ahead of the curve
- Ticket rate for online event, February 10th & 11th: $245
Enroll with 1-2 people and each will receive a 10% discount. Contact us for groups of 4 or more.
For all refunds, the Centre will retain a $100 processing fee to cover banking and credit card fees and administration.
– Refunds requested up to 60 days prior to the start of the event – a full refund will be offered minus the $100 processing fee.
– Refunds requested between 30 and 59 days prior to the start of the event – a 50% refund will be offered on all payments of $200 or more. For payments under $200, a credit will be granted that can be applied toward any future professional development offering from the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education.
– Refunds requested between 7 and 29 days prior to the start of the event – a 25% refund will be offered on all payments of $200 or more. For payments under $200, a credit will be granted that can be applied toward any future professional development offering from the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education.
– Refunds requested within 7 days of the start of the event – Refunds are not available at this point. A credit will be granted that can be applied toward any future professional development offering from the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education.
July 15, 2022 Presenter applications open
Sept 1, 2022 Deadline to submit presenter applications
Sept 30, 2022 Presenters for Gross Global Happiness notified
Oct 15, 2022 Deadline for presenters to confirm participation
Feb 10 & 11, 2023 Gross Global Happiness Summit online event
Dr. Monica Araya
Dr. Monica Araya has worked on sustainability for 25 years. She works with leaders in governments, cities, business, advocacy and philanthropy to accelerate climate solutions. Born in Costa Rica, she has worked on various sectors in several countries with a focus on Latin America, US and Europe. She has given talks about climate action in all continents, including Antarctica. Her three TED talks have over 5 million views. She studied Economics in Costa Rica at the National University and has a Ph.D. on Environmental Management from Yale University.
Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer. He taught two of the largest classes in Harvard University’s history, “Positive Psychology” and “The Psychology of Leadership.” His books in the area of Positive Psychology have been translated into more than thirty languages, and have appeared on best-seller lists around the world. Tal obtained his PhD in Organizational Behavior and BA in Philosophy and Psychology from Harvard. He is also the founder of the Happiness Studies Academy.
Not long to go!
"What would be made possible if you had more happiness, well-being, and flourishing in your life? Now imagine that rippling out in your home, workplace, community, society, and around the globe. The Gross Global Happiness Summit is a joyful, thoughtful catalyst of people coming together from all over the globe to reflect, dialogue, learn, and experience what's possible. It was a great investment of my time, energy, and presence."
- Facilitator and Coach @ Be Present Discover Joy Consulting, United States
"The Gross Global Happiness Summit is a place for like-minded people to explore the many ways that happiness skills and concepts can be applied for both work and play. Even though this was a virtual conference, I met many people I am looking forward to seeing next year. The world needs this experience, and people who are bringing happiness to the forefront of everyday life."
- Founder of conscious travel company, The Sojourn Experience, United States
Want to present?
Interested in presenting at the Gross Global Happiness Summit?
Whether you’re an NGO or corporate leader, university professor, coach, entrepreneur or international consultant, we’re inviting people to share their own research, insights and approaches to happiness. The majority of the event’s content is participant-led, so we will be selecting a diverse and intriguing group from the candidate pool to offer peer-to-peer learning at the conference!
**Presenter applications for GGH 2023 are now closed**
The course content will be imparted largely by participants themselves, but your Gross Global Happiness hosts are:
Mohit Mukherjee is the founding Director of the Centre for Executive Education. He is passionate about working with youth and adults, helping them develop the skills and mindset to become social innovators. In 2016, he founded the Centre for Executive Education at the United Nations established University for Peace in Costa Rica. In this role, he has developed and taught over 50 seminars around the world. Over the past decade, he has also consulted with several forward-looking institutions helping them to build curriculum and deliver programs related to ‘Changemaking’ and ‘Organizational Well-Being’. He recently authored a handbook for social entrepreneurs. He has an Industrial Engineering degree from Stanford University, and a Master’s from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Luis Gallardo is a social innovator and entrepreneur with the higher purpose of elevating the vibration of the planet by developing ideas, connecting thought leaders, activists and communities and increasing awareness on the science of happiness, holistic education and smart innovation. Over the years he has been an advisor to CEOs, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, Nobel Laureates, political and institutional game changers on strategic personal positioning and brand building. He is an international observer with the UN and OSCE in post-armed conflicts establishing democracy and the right to vote. For Luis, happiness is a human right and a life choice, an enabler of human development and social innovation. Luis has worked with happiness initiatives such as bē, the World Happiness Fest and World Happiness Virtual Agora.
UPEACE and the Centre for Executive Education
Located in Costa Rica, the University for Peace (UPEACE) was established in December 1980 as a Treaty Organization by the United Nations General Assembly. UPEACE is the only university in the United Nations system authorized to offer academic degrees in the field of peace and conflict studies.
Within the University for Peace, the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education was launched to deliver dynamic workshops, seminars and training courses. In a world that needs more changemakers, these courses are designed to empower people and provide them with the skills, mindsets and networks to make a positive impact on the world.
Open enrollment courses offered by the UPEACE Centre: Click here
Global Leadership Diploma with the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education: Click here
Get to know the Centre team: Click here