UPEACE Campus in Costa Rica
* Includes one online course from the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education
Going beyond traditional strategic and management consulting “quick fixes,” this unique leadership course will expose participants to a framework and toolbox for working strategically with Purpose, Compassion and Talent: The Happiness Sweet Spot.
An organization that is able to channel work from the Happiness Sweet Spot improves performance, sustainability and employee well-being. Employees/ stakeholders are engaged and motivated by positivity and passion. Whatever business you are in, whatever your mission is and whatever it is you are “selling”, this model is a unique way for your organization to create a competitive advantage and generate sustainable results.
Research shows that organizations working within the happiness sweet spot achieve:
- 26% increase in productivity
- 37% higher retention
- 41% less turnover
- Increase in innovation
- 107% less burn out
- 60% less sick leaves
You’ll leave this course with the tools, learning and relationships necessary to develop and implement this framework within your organization. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a Certificate from the U.N. Mandated University for Peace, Centre for Executive Education.
As part of this trip, we’ll spend a half-day with Andares Equino Lideres, a social enterprise that teaches business skills and leadership through interaction with horses. Started by a local leader with 30+ years of experience in pharmaceuticals, this visit will put our preconceptions about our own leadership styles to the test!
This course also counts toward the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education’s Diploma in Social Innovation, a 5-course program that provides the tools, inspiration and feedback to develop and launch a social business, organization or project, or to fine-tune one that is already in progress. Included in the tuition for this course is one online elective course, chosen from a variety of cutting-edge offerings that tackle key themes in social innovation including education, leadership, entrepreneurship, and negotiation. To receive the Diploma in Social Innovation, participants must complete three more courses at a discounted price.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic organizational processes and traditional effectiveness approach as a “license to operate” for any organization
- Understand how to create a real and unique Competitive Advantage for your organization by focusing on Purpose, Compassion and Talent
- Identify and work within your own WHY as an individual and as a leader, along with your organization’s Purpose and WHY
- Identify and understand your own unique talents, strengths and potential
- Understand the importance of compassion and how to cultivate a culture of compassion in your organization
- Understand what really works in Talent Management
- Assess your own organization; Are you Innocent or Excellent? So where do you start?
- Build a plan to start working with Purpose, Compassion and Talent in your organization
The course is designed to be a practical and hands-on workshop, allowing space for sharing and peer-to-peer learning.
The course is led by Lars Kure Juul Nielsen. Lars is an International Trusted Advisor, HR Executive and Talent Management Expert working out of Copenhagen with a wide range of Leaders, International Organizations and Institutions across the globe. Lars’ educational background is a Masters of law from University of Copenhagen and HR, Leadership & Talent Management from INSEAD and Harvard Business School. Lars is the creator of the model and tool, The Happiness Sweet Spot and author of the book, HR Fitness on Strategy into Action.
Includes training material, a personal Talent Motivation Assessment, accommodations, a field trip in beautiful Costa Rica and one online course to give you a possibility to earn your Diploma in Social Innovation. Based locally? Send us an email if you don’t need accommodations!
Hotel options near the UPEACE campus
- Hotel Villa Colon
- Phone: +506 2249-3076
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotel Posada Canal Grande
- Phone: +506 2282-4089
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org