Global Citizenship Education – Live Virtual Workshop5-week online workshop Dates: July 7 – August 4 5 online sessions, 1 every Thursday, 2 hours each, 7pm-9pm Eastern Time (New York)
“UPEACE creates a dynamic and stimulating online experience. The use of breakout rooms allowed me to have small group exercises with other participants, just as we would do in a normal classroom setting. In just an hour’s session, I was able to truly connect with the group, while learning a practical framework. Overall, this online session was more interactive than most in-person workshops I’ve attended!”
-Zahra Karsan, Speaker, Coach, Founder & CEO of GetZENd
Join a dynamic group of educators for five live sessions, 1 per week, and receive a professional development certificate from the University for Peace’s Centre for Executive Education, or enroll in a single session to build your skills in a particular area.
Each session will be complemented by readings, videos, and assignments in-between sessions, allowing you to delve deeper into the topics and put what you’ve learned into practice!
Agenda highlights include:
- Introduction to Global Citizenship Education Pedagogy, July 7th from 7 pm-9 pm Eastern time
- Introduction to Design Thinking, July 14th from 7 pm-9 pm Eastern time
- Empathy & Cultural Humility, July 21st from 7 pm-9 pm Eastern time
- Critical Skills for Global Citizenship Education, July 28th from 7 pm-9 pm Eastern time
- Global Citizenship Education Applied: Latest approaches to solving humanity’s greatest challenges, August 4th from 7 pm-9 pm Eastern time
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Received novel content to incorporate cutting-edge themes into your work;
- Integrated the values of global citizenship, environmental consciousness, and social justice into future projects;
- Formed deep relationships with a tight-knit, international network of alumni from the course;
- Completed an engaging, dynamic experience that replicates the interaction of face-to-face sessions;
- Earned a certificate from the Centre for Executive Education within the United Nations established University for Peace.
Innovative professionals at all levels that are looking to weave global citizenship concepts into their work are the primary target audience. However, anyone who is interested in gaining a global perspective during challenging times will benefit tremendously from this course.
This 5-week live virtual workshop will be held online, via 5 two-hour sessions. The sessions will be held every Thursday at 7pm – 9pm Eastern Time (New York) from July 7 – August 4, 2022.
Price for full 5-week program: $595
Price for 2-hr single session: $145
A certificate is awarded upon completion of the full 5-week program by the Centre for Executive Education at the University for Peace, established by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
This live virtual Global Citizenship Education workshop will be led by:
Naita Chialvo facilitates the online course Global Citizenship Education. Naita holds a bachelor’s in Economics, with a minor in Asian American Studies from UCLA, a Leadership Certificate from the UCLA Center for Asian American Studies, a Masters in Peace Education from the United Nation established University for Peace in Costa Rica, a Diploma in Social Innovation from the University for Peace Centre for Executive Education in Costa Rica, and professional Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship from INSEAD in Singapore.
Naita is an experienced global leader at the intersection of education-for-change, youth-for-change, women-led empowerment building, and the community-led development sector. She has worked on large scale initiatives to improve opportunities for people through facilitating lifelong learning with the ultimate belief in education as the equalizer for improving the wellbeing. She’s held leadership roles with READ Global, Stanford’s Teacher Education Program and The Asia Foundation. Prior to her career in international development, she also served in various positions within education as a teacher, mentor, coach and administrator.
Continuing Education Credits
This program is approved for up to 10 continuing education credits for psychologists, counselors, social worker, marriage and family therapists, and human resource professionals. The cost of credits is included in the course. To obtain them, simply participate actively in the program and fill out the evaluation forms requesting credits at the end of each session.
We are approved to offer SHRM, APA, BBS California CEUS, and Illinois state CEUS credits.
- Continuing Education Credits (CEs) – Psychologists The term “CEs” refers to Continuing Education Credits earned by psychologists. To offer CE for psychologists, programming must follow the criteria established by the American Psychological Association (APA). Most licensing boards accept Continuing Education Credits sponsored by APA; non-psychologists are recommended to consult with their specific state-licensing board to ensure that APA-sponsored CE is accepted.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) – Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists
The term “CEUs” refers to continuing education units earned by mental health disciplines including LCPCs, LCSWs, and MFTs. Programs offering CEUs for LCPCs, LCSWs, and MFTs at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology follow the criteria outlined by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) – Human Resource Professionals
The term “PDCs” refers to Professional Development Credits earned by Human Resource professionals. To offer PDCs for human resource professionals, programming must follow the criteria outlined by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).