4-Week Online CourseStart Date: October 12, 2020
As we try to accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals, it is time to explore the qualities, skills, and organizational strategies of change agents, sustainability champions, entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs. If you hope to create regenerative and/or sustainable solutions to the world’s issues and challenges, this course helps you answer the questions:
“How can I bring sustainability into my organization or business? As a leader, how can I inspire positive change?”
This course will review the core principles and definitions of sustainability and sustainable development. We will use the research-based regenerative leadership framework to address sustainability challenges in organizations, businesses, communities, educational institutions, and government. We will also look at other leadership and management theories and practices relevant to sustainability leadership, all in alignment with the guiding vision we have come to call the triple top line (TTL): “Growing prosperity, strengthening community, and enhancing the health of all species for all time.”
The course will cover the following topic areas:
- Week 1: Sustainability and Sustainable Development
- Week 2: The Power of Regenerative Leaders
- Week 3: Other Sustainability Frameworks and Tools
- Week 4: Strategic Planning for Sustainability: The Pyramid Process
At the end of the course, students can expect to:
- Have gained a good grounding in the principles and definitions of sustainability and sustainable development;
- Understand leadership and management frameworks that are strongly correlated to sustainability work, including the framework of regenerative leadership;
- Have acquired the knowledge and skills to design, lead, and manage successful regenerative projects in organizations and communities.
The mix of participants from different backgrounds is an important and valued aspect of this course. This certificate course is designed for, but not restricted to:
- Nonprofit leaders and Social Entrepreneurs
- Business executives
- Public sector and community leaders
- Anyone hoping to inspire an organization to bring more sustainability into current practices
This is a 4-week online course starting October 12, 2020
$595 tuition rate. A certificate is awarded upon completion by the Centre for Executive Education at the University for Peace, established by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Enroll with someone else and each will receive a 10% discount.
The course is anchored by John Hardman. John is a faculty member in the Department of Educational Leadership & Research Methodology at Florida Atlantic University, where he teaches Master’s and Doctoral level courses in school administration and qualitative research. He is the departmental liaison to the Palm Beach County School District, and the Chair of the College of Education’s Diversity Committee. John is also the founder of Regenerative Organizations, a process consulting firm that specializes in helping civic and corporate leaders facilitate the shift of their organizations toward sustainability and regenerative practices. He is the author of ‘Leading for Regeneration: Going beyond Sustainability in Business, Education, and Community’ (Routledge, 2012), which is based on his doctoral studies, ongoing research, and work with for- and not-for-profit organizations.