Design Thinking – Costa Rica
TBDUPEACE Campus in Costa Rica
* Onsite courses are on hold due to COVID-19 until the Costa Rican government allows gatherings. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want us to include you in the waiting list for a particular course.
Are you facing challenges that are not easily addressed through a conventional problem-solving approaches? Do you need to stimulate innovation in your organization?
Design Thinking is a creative approach to problem-solving that brings together empathy, curiosity and teamwork. It is both a mindset that every problem can be addressed.
This intensive workshop will guide you through the methodology, combining theory with a lot of hands-on practical application. By the end of the seminar you will have practiced Design Thinking with a real challenge you are facing both at your workplace and in your personal life.
What is Design Thinking?
Pioneered by the famous design company IDEO, Design Thinking is an approach to problem-solving that puts the needs of the end user at the heart of the problem-solving process. Design Thinking is now commonly used in business, international development, nonprofit, education and more.
Design Thinking is a very flexible process. At the end of the day it’s a very logical set of steps that you can apply to any issue, including ones in your personal life. For example, Design Thinking has been used to help people break negative patterns, exercise more, and develop healthier relationships. It captures a ‘let’s learn by trying it out’ approach.
Check out this 1 minute video from a recent Design Thinking workshop at UPEACE:
The course is designed to be a practical and hands-on workshop, allowing space for sharing and peer-to-peer learning.
- Overview of Design Thinking
- Experiencing the Process
- Rapid Prototyping
- Applying Design Thinking to your professional life
- Designing Your personal Life using Design Thinking
- Putting it All Together
By the end of this course, you will:
- Dominate a powerful new tool applicable in both your personal and professional life;
- Be inspired and reinvigorated by interactive, cutting-edge content;
- Emerge with a new confidence in your innovation skills;
- Gain a new network of local and international colleagues interested in making positive impact;
- Earn a certificate from the University for Peace, established by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
The Design Thinking workshop is purposefully designed to be applicable at all ages and career levels, and across a variety of fields. Participants often share some of the following characteristics:
- A desire to cultivate a methodology for innovation
- A need to have an approach for tackling complex life-challenges
- Wanting to connect with professionals of diverse backgrounds
- People in fast-growing career fields wanting to stay ahead of the curve
This is a 2-day onsite course from May 29-30, 2020.
$950 tuition rate. A certificate is awarded upon completion by the Centre for Executive Education at the University for Peace, established by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Enroll with a colleague each will receive a 10% discount. Contact us for groups of 3 or more.
Mohit is an innovator in the learning and development area, with over a decade of experience working with professionals in the areas of innovation, leadership, and well-being. In 2006, he founded the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education. Mohit’s background includes management consulting with A.T. Kearney, working with a global non-profit with a focus on sustainable development, leading a private-public partnership, and starting a profitable education enterprise. Mohit incorporates Design Thinking into virtually all of his workshops. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from Stanford University and did his Master’s at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. He was born in Greece to Indian parents and currently resides in South Florida.
Past Participants Say:
“In an era that is encouraging collaboration, the CEE provides a set of indispensable tools for helping choose the next step.”
– Christine Larson, Costa Rica/USA
“This course gave me a way/tool to organize my ideas to make the challenges I have to face more manageable, approachable and less scary.”
– Viviana Mora, Costa Rica
“The knowledge, contacts and inspiration gained through the UPEACE CEE have had such a positive impact on my life. It has really inspired me to do more in my business and life to make the world a better place.”
– Tui Frye, Costa Rica/USA
“We learned everyone has the creativity to use Design Thinking (and not overthinking).”
– Irma Verhoeven, The Netherlands/Costa Rica