Social Media for Social Innovation
4-Week Online CourseStart Date: October 4, 2022
You know social media is important. What is your strategy? How are you going to build community? How are you going to format your message to create social good?
The rules of communication are constantly changing. Our world rushes by in images, characters and statements via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok. What do these new rules of communication mean for you personally and professionally?
Social Media for Social Innovation will teach you:
- Emerging tools and strategies for developing a voice, network, and funding for your organization online;
- Strategies for organizational leadership using online tools;
- How the new information technology shift impacts your organization, its mission and message;
- Organizational considerations for maximizing communication technology shifts to impact mission and message.
The online course will use the Moodle platform. Course readings, animated presentations, videos, forum questions, and assignments will be posted each week, and students must complete the required tasks by the following week. Each session will require between three to six hours of work, including readings, assignments, and activities.
- WEEK 1: How Emotions Change Hearts & Minds
- WEEK 2: Understanding Social Media Tools and Platforms
- WEEK 3: Adding Value Through Original Content and Moderation
- WEEK 4: Developing Your Storytelling Strategy
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Designed strategies for using virtual communicative tools;
- Explored and defined dimensions of Emotional intelligence;
- Interpreted EQ and specific strategies for growing self-awareness, self-management, empathy, and skilled relationship building;
- Learned how to develop online organizational strategies;
- Become familiar with and utilized the top tools for social engagement;
- Learned how to find support, funding and a voice for your organization online.
This certificate course is designed for, but not restricted to:
- Social Entrepreneurs
- Nonprofit leaders
- Innovative business executives
- Community organizers
- Recent graduates
This is a 4-week online course starting October 4, 2022. This course generally runs twice a year, so if this date does not work for you, please ask about future offerings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$595 tuition rate. A certificate is awarded upon completion by the Centre for Executive Education at the University for Peace, established by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Enroll with someone else and each will receive a 10% discount.