Why Study Abroad with UPeace in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is a model country for sustainable development, peace, and social innovation, making it an ideal country for study abroad. The country has been a democracy for over 120 years and has abolished its army in 1948. Additionally, adult literacy rate is over 90% and poverty has been reduced by 55% over the last 29 years. Costa Rica was also ranked safest country in Latin America in 2011. Check out this TED talk on eliminating fossil fuel consumption in Costa Rica.
10 Reasons Why Costa Rica is the Best Place to Study Abroad
1. A peaceful, safe democracy
2. Great for travelling – from rainforests to volcanoes
3. A hub for social enterprise
4. Spanish – very clearly spoken
5. UPEACE– an academic partner
6. Affordable compared to Europe
7. Friendly people and welcoming of foreigners
8. Very good infrastructure: From medical to wifi
9. Ciudad Colon – the perfect town for our base
10. Pura Vida – the happiest country in the world!