4-week online courses
Start date: November 19th, 2018
The rules of communication are constantly changing. Our world rushes by in images, characters and statements, whether via Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. What do these new rules of communication mean for you personally and professionally?
Social Media for Social Innovation will teach you:
- Emerging tools and strategies for developing a voice, network, and funding for your organization online;
- Strategies for organizational leadership using online tools;
- How the new informational technology-shift impacts your organization, its mission and message;
- Organizational considerations for maximizing communicative technology-shifts to impact mission and message.
To apply to this online course, please fill out our online application.
You know social media is important, but how are you going to use it? How are you going to build community? How are you going to format your message to create social good?
- Emotional intelligence in a virtual world
- Building organizational relationships online
- Top 5 strategies for social engagement
- Social media as a marketing tool
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Designed strategies for using virtual communicative tools;
- Explored and defined dimensions of Emotional Intelligence (EQ);
- Interpreted EQ and specific strategies for growing self-awareness, self-management, empathy, and skilled relationship building;
- Learned how to develop online organizational strategies;
- Become familiar with and utilized the top tools for social engagement;
- Learned how to find support, funding and a voice for your organization online.
The online course will use the Moodle platform. Course readings, animated presentations, videos, forum questions, and assignments will be posted each week, and students must complete the required tasks by the following week. Each session will require between three to six hours of work, including readings, assignments, and activities.
Who Should Enroll?
This certificate course is designed for, but not restricted to:
- Social Entrepreneurs
- Nonprofit leaders
- Innovative business executives
- Community organizers
- Recent graduates
Heather McCuen is a Writer and Digital Media Strategist, specializing in social media narratives for advocacy and crowdfunding strategies. After a decade in the private sector, she earned her Master’s Degree in Media, Peace and Conflict Studies from the United Nations-established University for Peace, and is both an alumna and professor of the School of Authentic Journalism in Mexico. She holds an Executive Certificate in the Advanced Study of Nonviolent Conflict from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy’s FSI program (in association with the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict) at Tufts University, and her teaching focus is on leveraging online media tools to effect meaningful and innovative social change.
$595 tuition rate. A United Nations-established University for Peace certificate from the Centre for Executive Education awarded upon completion of the course.
Enroll with someone else and each will receive a 15% discount.
Not sure you’re ready to apply? Interested in staying connected with the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education? Receive free e-newsletters, updates, videos, sample readings or materials by joining the Centre’s email list (click here) or liking our Facebook page at UPEACECentre. You may also contact us at email@example.com.