Course Information – UPEACE Campus in Costa Rica
Thursday – Saturday, August 16-18th, 2018
Want to find or work further with your ‘WHY’ and purpose? Are you ready to better understand your personal talents and signature strengths? Are you ready to take that next step, reflect on your leadership style and be inspired to set stretch goals? Come join us in a magical setting on the UPEACE Campus. Experience connection, co-creation, learning, renewal, and global networking with a great team facilitators and fellow-participants.
This seminar focuses on a human paradigm of leadership – the ability to connect with people you work with, to see how things look from their perspective, to engage and motivate them appealing to their strengths and passions. Today’s “positive” leader is able to unleash the potential of each individual in the organization.
To apply to this course, please fill out our online application.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- A refreshing new sense of the benefits of cultivating gratitude, empathy and positivity.
- Leadership tools including appreciative inquiry and awareness of your ‘conflict style’ to help transform interpersonal conflict and foster positive change in your work environment.
- A better understanding of your strengths and how to bring them into your work and life.
- Set wholistic goals and a way to measure them that will help you monitor any major sources of work-life balance conflict.
- Developed deep relationships with a network of an amazing, global array of peers, professors and mentors from the course.
The course is designed to be a practical and hands-on workshop, allowing space for sharing and peer-to-peer learning. Spanning three full days on campus, we’ll cover a variety of introspective activities, theory, and small group application.
Who Should Attend Positive Leadership?
Positive Leadership is purposefully designed to be applicable at all ages and career levels, and across a variety of fields. Participants often share some of the following characteristics:
- A desire to change, grow, or re-establish passion for their career
- A deep drive to push personal boundaries and give back to the community/world
- The need to connect with like-minded individuals and broaden their already global mindset
- Professionals in fast-growing career fields who want to stay ahead of the curve
The course is led by Mohit Mukherjee.
Mohit is the founding Director of Centre for Executive Education. He is also the founder of Changemakers International, an organization focused on enabling youth to gain the skills to be social innovators. He has also served as Vice President of Programs for Watson U, the first incubator leading to a degree for next generation social entrepreneurs. Prior to these positions, Mohit Mukherjee served as Education Program Manager of the Earth Charter Initiative, a global movement of organizations and individuals promoting sustainable development. Mohit earned his Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from Stanford University in 1995 and did his Master’s at the Harvard Graduate School of Education in 2002. He currently resides in Florida.
Enroll with a colleague each will receive a 15% discount. Contact us for groups of 3 or more.
University for Peace alumni and alumni of the Centre for Executive Education receive a discount.
All participants will be awarded a certificate from the United Nations-mandated University for Peace’s Centre for Executive Education upon completion of the course.
Have a question? Contact us at email@example.com with inquiries or to set up a phone call, or visit our Frequently Asked Questions section. Positive Leadership also listed on GoOverseas.com, where you can find a number of reviews from past participants if you’d like to hear it ‘straight from the horse’s mouth!’
In this course we talk a lot about ‘starting with the why.’ This powerful TED talk by Simon Sinek introduces this model for inspirational leadership by looking at Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers.
Not sure you’re ready to apply? Interested in staying connected with the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education? Receive free e-newsletters, updates, videos, sample readings and materials by joining the Centre’s email list (click here) or liking our Facebook page at UPEACECentre. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.