You want to do work that you love, make a positive impact, and pay the bills. The world is changing fast and you see yourself as an actor, not a spectator. You need a career change. You need skills and a resume builder. You need a network of peers and faculty to lean on, and a flexible schedule that fits in with your life. You need a Diploma in Social Innovation.
To apply for the either track of the Diploma in Social Innovation, please fill out our online application. Click here to read Diploma in Social Innovation -Testimonials from successful Diploma recipients and learn how the program helped them reach their goals.
Take 5 online courses within an 18-month period to earn your Diploma in Social Innovation.
Learn more about the Online Diploma in Social Innovation.
Kick off your program with a face-to-face workshop at the University for Peace in Costa Rica, and complete 4 online courses within the 18 months following your onsite experience.
Learn more about the Hybrid Diploma in Social Innovation.
By the time you finish the Diploma in Social Innovation, whether fully online or as a hybrid program, you will have:
- Taken the first step on your journey as a social innovator by gaining legitimate skills and knowledge that can be added to your resume and personal toolbox as you take your next career step
- Fully conceptualized your social impact project or business, including writing and receiving personalized feedback on a business plan for your idea
- Developed a network of social impact professionals from around the globe with whom you can consult and confer as you drive your project forward
- Be able to create a monitoring plan for the M&E of a project or program (Mission Impossible? Measuring Outcomes and Impact)
- Be able to draw a comprehensive social media plan that is cause-oriented (Social Media for Social Innovation)
- Understand your own personal strengths and how to use them to your best advantage (Designing Your Life: Innovating from the Inside Out)
- Designed a sustainable project for your organization or business (Regenerative Leadership)
- And so much more!
Mohit Mukherjee, M. Ed. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Director of the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education.
Miguel Tello, MPA, MA International Studies, Director of The Strachan Foundation.
Heather McCuen, MA in in Media, Peace and Conflict Studies from the University for Peace. Kristen Palana, MFA from Pratt Institute in Computer Graphics and Interactive Media.
Stephanie Knox Steiner, MA in Peace Education from the University for Peace.
John Hardman, PhD in Educational Leadership from Florida Atlantic University Caitie Goddard, MA in Public Policy from the University of Michigan.
Alonso Muñoz, B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Costa Rica and a M.Sc. in Business Administration.
Meltem Ersoy, PhD in Political Science from George Mason University.
Not sure you’re ready to apply? Contact us at email@example.com with questions or to set up a call to learn more. If you just want to stay connected, receive free e-newsletters, updates, videos, sample readings and materials by joining the Centre’s email list (click here) or liking our Facebook page at UPEACECentre.